Thursday, May 04, 2006

PART 7: WHAT IS MINISTRY? (only 3 more questions to go)

I find myself struggling with this when my schedule, my life, and my resources are so consumed with "stuff". Is it a coping mechanism that helps me deal with the daily stresses? Is it a way for God to help me prioritize the ministry to which He has called me? When I list the daily (even hourly) ministry opportunities--in addition to the day to day family responsibilities--I get exhausted just looking at the thing. Praise God He equips us with strength, power, and the courage to face such a gigantic list...but when do we push the Philippians 4:13 faith to a "I should be able to do all things...so I'm going to do all things" approach to ministry? Is it pressure from the calling to ministry or pressure of other's expectations of the calling? I know that being prayed up and filled up with the Spirit helps--I'd be in a dark room hiding if not. I guess my biggest question is: "How do we minister effectively (I'm not talking about the church at large--I mean individually)? How do we distinguish between the calling and the checklist?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters