Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL"
This quote was used frequently by one of my models of ministry at the SFOT. A time when we feel emotionally detached from God, but in our heads and deepest recesses of our souls know He is there. I've felt this the past few weeks and what a sad time to experience it...during the celebration of Resurrection Day! I've found myself still in the Word, finding comfort but like the "silent period" no real direction for my walk. Surrounded by people, yet still feeling like I'm in it "alone". Finding that no one is really on the same page for mission, all about self. Could this be reflective of the melancholy attitude I've been feeling...possibly...or is it the reality of those to which we minister? I don't know...these are the answers I seek. When I look at the faces of God's "worshipers" on Sunday...I weep spiritually for these dry bones to wake up! I know in my mind that God sees and is working to melt their hearts to Him...but when??? I guess my question to you is...in ministry and walk with God have you ever had this feeling of "detachment"? How did you work through it? Really seeking some direction here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters